You are here
Trinidad and Tobago Electricity (T&TEC)
- Expansion of bulk power to provide a reliable and adequate supply of power
- Continuation of the following:
- National Street lighting Programme
- Illumination of parks, recreation grounds, public place.
- Upgrade and modernization of the country's electricity infrastructure.
TTPOST intends to commence refurbishment works of some of its properties in order to better serve the national community.
- A postal code system
- Installation of a cluster box delivery system in 20 delivery locations
- Expansion of high speed broad broadband network throughout Trinidad and Tobago
- Migrating mobile customers from 1800 MHz to 1900 MHz network
- Expansion of IPTV services
- Developing 24 hour customer service
- Deploying a robust network to facilitate Fibre to the Home (FTTH), Fibre to the Node (FTTN)
Regulated Industries Commission (RIC)
Making recommendations on the award of licences;
- Monitoring and enforcing compliance with licence conditions;
- Establishing the principles upon which tariffs will be based and monitoring rates charged to ensure compliance;
- Prescribing standards for services and monitoring compliance of those standards;
- Carrying out studies of efficiency and economy of operation and of performance;
- Facilitating competition between service providers where competition is possible and desirable;
- Investigating complaints by consumers, of their failure to obtain redress from service providers;
- Imposing and collecting fees for licences;
- Ensuring that service providers earn sufficient return to finance necessary investment.
Electrical Inspectorate Division
- Computerization of Records
- Training Of Electrical Inspectors
- Testing Methodologies especially in forensic investigation of fires